- Becoming A Sun Safe School (Thursday, Mar 11th, 6:00 p.m.)
Becoming A Sun Safe School (Thursday, Mar 11th, 6:00 p.m.)
Becoming A Sun Safe School: A sun safety school policy can significantly reduce skin cancer risk, especially when the policy is comprehensive, and it strongly encourages sun-safe behaviors. This course is designed to help Early Childhood Educators create a supportive, caring environment where sun safety policies and practices are integrated with other health and safety practices.
Core Of Knowledge (COK) Hours: 2 Hours (Health, Safety, Nutrition).
1. Explain why it’s important to implement sun safety practices
2. Discuss five ways to protect themselves and their students from the sun
3. Explain the importance to adjusting outdoor play in response to high sun exposure
4. Create a sun safety policy for an early childhood program