- Strategies For Reducing Biting Incidents in The Early Childhood Setting (Tuesday, April 6th, 6:00 p.m.)
Strategies For Reducing Biting Incidents in The Early Childhood Setting (Tuesday, April 6th, 6:00 p.m.)
Through this workshop, participants will learn why young children bite and how the teacher perspectives influence their approach to biting incidents. Participants will learn strategies for effectively responding to biting.
Core Of Knowledge (COK) Hours: 2.5 (Child Development)
1. List ways that early childhood educator perspectives influences our reactions to biting.
2. Identify reasons young children bite in early childhood settings.
3. Identify ways to respond to biting incidents.
4. Discuss biting policies, their purpose and proposed content.