- Supporting Dual Language Learners in The Early Childhood Program (Tuesday, May 11th, 6:00 p.m)
Supporting Dual Language Learners in The Early Childhood Program (Tuesday, May 11th, 6:00 p.m)
Participants will learn about English Language acquisition and strategies to support the process in developmentally and culturally appropriate ways. This is a competent level training—per-requisite: Experience supporting dual language learners.
- Define Language Learner (DLL)
- Compare and contract two types of language capabilities
- Explain the language acquisition process
- Identify strategies for supporting DLLs
Core Of Knowledge (COK) Hours: 3 (1.5 Curriculum/1.5 Child Development).