- Observations & Assessments (Thursday, June 17th, 6:00 p.m.)
Observations & Assessments (Thursday, June 17th, 6:00 p.m.)
Observations and assessments are processes of gathering information about each child, reviewing the data, and then using the information to inform curriculum decisions. Participants will learn how to use observations and assessments effectively. Core Of Knowledge (COK) Hours: 3 (Child Development)
1. Define and explain the benefits of child assessment
2. Distinguish between formal and authentic assessments.
3. Explain the role of observation in the assessment process.
4. Review ways to document assessment data.