Family Style Dining in the Early Childhood Program—2 Hours (Self-Paced)
COK Hours: 2 (Health, Safety, and Nutrition).
Family Style Dining in the Early Childhood Program: Family-style dining is an opportunity for teachers and children to sit together during mealtime. This course provides instruction on maximizing this time together to advance the curriculum, social development, and manners. Core Of Knowledge (COK) Hours: 2 (Health, Safety, and Nutrition).
- Define family-style dining.
- Identify the benefits of family-style dining.
- List adult roles in family-style dining.
- Plan for a well-facilitated family-style meal.
- Express the value of interactions during family-style dining.
- Identify curricular goals that can be accomplished during family-style dining.